Thursday, November 30, 2006


I finished my Hermione Hat, last night. So here's a photo of the finished products. I basically stuck to the patten, the only change that I made was bumping down the needles on the mittens to 3.25mm and shortening the length. Also in the hat, instead of doing the patterned decrease (which would have made the hat way too long) I did a rapid decrease by purling two together for four rounds. I got this way of decreasing from an Aran cap that I have made a few times from "Hats On!". I like this way of decreasing in Aran style caps, and I find it doesn't pucker too much in hats that have some ribbing like this one.

I have cast on for another Hermione hat, this one for Maureen. She goes to OT with me and lives in my building, after seeing pictures on my blog she has requested a hat and mitten set, so today we went to a LYS and got some Paton's Merino in cream. It looks great so far, I think the light color is really going to show off the pattern.

In some non knitting news, my group project for the Provincial Autism Centre finished up today. We did a presentation to some board members to show what we had created. Basically what we created was an evaluation tool for an online support group that the centre is starting for people with autism living in rural Nova Scotia. I have to say, doing the presentation was really rewarding, I felt like the centre really appreciated what we did for them and that our work is going towards something really amazing.

No comments: