Sunday, December 03, 2006

I went to the DSU Christmas party on Friday night with Mike and Amanda. Both of who work for the DSU, Mike is Vice President Education, and Amanda works Special Events. It was lots of fun, had at the T-Room which is our Engineering bar on Campus. There was Pizza, Chips and some free drinks. There was also Trivia, which we usually win, but only came in second place. Well to be honest, we split into two teams, "foods that end in 'amburger" and "Knittin' Bitches", and my team (guess which one I was on) lost. But the other one got second so it was not a total loss.

I would like to express my dismay at the knitting discrimination that I recieved at the Bar. Apparantly, it's not socially acceptable to knit in bars? I don't see how it bothers other people so much, I try to keep my needles under the table. I should point out that as per usual, my friends started out by making fun of my knitting, and then ended by asking me to make them hats... not the best way to get on my good side.


Anyway, in other news I finished Maureen's Hermione Hat! Here is a picture of me wearing her hat. She is going to be so happy to get it! She went home for the weekend but gets back tonight so I will run it up to her apartment at some point. I have also started her mittens to match the hate but it will be a few days before they are done.


I broke my yarn diet yesterday morning. But I really could not resist this cone or Euroflax. I am planning on knitting a lace scarf with it while I am on my placement in Saint John. It is going to be so great when I am done all my Christmas knitting and I can take some time to do some long finicky projects like this one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally making you make me a Hermione hat now, in the same colour as the one in the movie! We should go yarn shopping at the hydrostone or something.

Maggie Tipping said...

Sure, YOU don't make fun of my knitting in public, so you are entitled to knitted presents.

Anonymous said...

I never made fun of your knitting, but I did ask for a hat. I said that I wish Courtney would knit me stuff.

Chad

Maggie Tipping said...

OK OK I will make you a hat. Brown and cream it shall be. And you're right you were not making fun of my knitting, it was those other DSU executives you hang out with...

Catie said...

Ha ha ha, wow it is interesting to see the dynamics here. I love the hats, beautiful.And speaking of knitting in bars/pubs one of the LYS here in Calgary has a pub night every month and people bring their knitting to the pub. The first time the pub didn't think that many would show and therefore didn't want to give them a large table. The LYS did get a large table in the end though - it needed it.