Friday, December 08, 2006

I have reached totally new levels of brain fatigue, I wrote two exams today and I think my poor brain has climbed into a cave in the back of my skull and won't be coming out again for a while. Which is why I really shouldn't be packing rash yarn choices right now... but somehow I am anyway. Whilst browing the new issue of knitty, I stumbled across this little fella.


Isn't he cute? I love him! I went to the Knit Picks website which I have never been to before and ordered enough yarn to make 3... I told you I was making rash choices....

While I was on the website, I noticed how freakishly low the prices were. Like, holy crap that's cheap, and I saw that there was free shipping on orders over $40, so naturally I had to order over $40 worth... that's just common sense. It was actually HARD to rack up a big enough order! I ordered enough yarn to make three pairs of socks, and a book by Charlene Schurch, called Sensational Knitted Socks. It looks great and I have her book "Hats on!" which is fab, so it should be pretty good. I am having it shipped to Mike's house in Maine, so I can skip the duty and shipping fees.


Overall I am very happy with the new issue of knitty, to be honest I found the last couple of issues kinda disapointing, but this one is pretty fab. Anywho I am gonna go rest my brain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie, I am not going to lie - I was looking through the last issue of knitty as well.... and as soon as Molly and I saw that turtle, we both just about died because it was so damn adorable - but the 2nd thought on my mind went along the lines of "yep, Maggie has already seen this and started knitting it already"
...
I was more or less right. Hilarious!
Take care hun! Happy exams!

Maggie Tipping said...

Hahaha, your post actually made me laugh out loud. I knew you would love the turtle, and the name Sheldon right? Sadly I can't start knitting him until I go to Maine though because that is where I sent the yarn.

Looking forward to seeing you over break :)

Melissa said...

oh dear lordy...I want to make one!