Monday, September 01, 2008

This really is a knitting blog... I swear

I realized with some level of embarrassment today how little knitting content is actually present in my last few posts. This really is intended to be a blog about knitting with occasional cat content, not a blog about cats with occasional knitting content. Although truthfully this is really becoming more of a fiber blog now that I have my new spinning hobby. I really can't let all of you know though how much it meant to me when I received so many kind comments from you on Sage's passing, it really has been a rough time for us.

Recently I have been knitting the Sheep Shawl from Fiber Trends. I can't even say how much I am in love with this pattern. I love the Fiber Trends shawl patterns that have a theme with changing lace, it really keeps things interesting. The yarn is the Malabrigo Lace that I got in Wolfville, and the pattern I bought at Fibrephilia, which is an awesome yarn shop in Orono, Maine. Mike's parents gave me a birthday gift certificate there and I got some really great patterns and lantern moon knitting basket there.



Right now it just looks like a lace blob, but it will be great once it's blocked. Right now you are looking at the Sunshine Lace and the start of the Orchard Lace.


Here is some Merino Rovings that I also got in Wolfville. Isn't it pretty? There was about double that, but I have turned it into this:



Which combined with a few other bobbins I turned into this:


I must say I am quite pleased with myself about this yarn. It's soft and wonderful and squishy. I can't wait to knit with it. Although I am going to wait to pick a project until I have the rest of the fiber spun. There is about 450 yards there so far, so I should have quite a bit when I am done.




I can't help myself.... I had to put in one more kitten picture. She's so cute! The pictures really don't do her justice.

No comments: