Monday, March 26, 2007

So remember how I wasn't going to buy anything until April 2? Well I have been really good about it. I actually havn't deviated from my plan, expect for one small detail....


Say hello to my new best friend! I'm refering to the '93 Corolla, Mary is also my best friend, but this isn't new.

Isn't it hot? Well maybe not hot, but it will get me from point a to point b! And that is really all I am looking for. All in all the whole thing is very thrilling for me. I have never owned a car so this is very exciting. I currently have gotten it registered and insured but I still need to get a plate for it. In the meantime it taunts me from the parking lot behind my apartment.

I finished my baby sweater! This picture doesn't really do it justice. In real life it is soft and drapey and oh so very perfect. I love this sweater so much, I loved knitting every inch of it. I want to make dozens of them! All I have to do is find a few babies....


Speaking of babies, I knit another bib. Man those things are quick.

7 comments:

Catie said...

I love the freedom that having a car gives. Now if I could just drive our new car (standard) I would begin feeling the freedom again. Right now just the husband drives the thing. Have you named your car? Our first car was Plain Jane (Jane for short) and the current car is Miracle Max (from the Princess Bride...)

Leah said...

Congratulations on the car! The baby sweater looks so pretty, but I think I'm in love with those baby bibs. I've knit a good 10 pairs of booties for family and friends, and a bib with that cute petal shaping would be a nice change of pace.

Anonymous said...

so mary is your best friend eh? well I never.

Maggie Tipping said...

I can have multiple best friends!

My best friends are Gill, Mary, Amanda, and Sage. Happy?

Mary said...

I can't wait to take a ride in that bad boy. I think you should call your car Earl: simple, slightly white-trash... it's perfect!

Anonymous said...

i think the maggie mobile works pretty well. or maybe vera!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for getting a new car - congratulations, it looks fantastic! And I absolutely love your baby sweater, it's so pretty with this fragile pattern and the beautiful colour that you chose for it. Gorgeous!