Saturday, September 22, 2007

It has been a while since I updated. Sorry about that, things have been a little crazy around here.

Mike told me on Thursday night that he had to drive to Maine and back on Friday to renew his Visa. I volunteered to go with him for the trip and Mary said she would come along. It was a fun, but LONG day. We stopped in Houlton to have lunch with my buddy Amanda and her sister who just got back from two years of teaching in Japan. It was a good trip, and the Yaris did an excellent job :)

Last weekend I went up to my Mom's for a couple days. I was surrounded by furryness, which is always very nice. Here is one of her new cuddly Icelandic horses (Glode)

And here is Leif. He is not too pleased about the horses, but is a little afraid of them. So he expresses his distaste by going in the house and growling at them through the window.



Lastly here is a very manly sock I have been working on for my granddad for Christmas. The pattern is undulating rib from favorite socks. The yarn is some of the stash I scored at the last swap at KOL.

4 comments:

swayinglights said...

Oh, horses! They're so pretty. :D

Steph said...

You went through Houlton? You drove past my aunt's house!

Catie said...

that is quite a manly colour, good knitting

Anonymous said...

it was really nice to see you all again!!!! but also opened the wound of missing you guys! boooo. Anyhoo glad the trip was worth it for Grammy's Country Inn food and Walmart.