Thursday, July 26, 2007

As someone who works in nursing homes I found this very interesting:

Oscar the Cat

There was also an article published in The New England Journal of Medicine which was really interesting. I have access to it through being a Dalhousie student but unfortunately I can't publish it here as I would be violating copyright laws. Still very interesting eh?

Almost every nursing home that I work at has at least one resident cat. Many have at least 3 roaming the halls. Still I have yet to encounter another death predicting cat.

In other news it is super hot here today, we are in the middle of a little east coast style heat wave. Well it's not that hot for those of you who live in the prairies or mid west, but for us it's scorching! 32 degrees today, yikes! For me anything over 27 and I start to melt. Like I said I know this isn't that hot for many of you, but the Maritimes have such a temperate climate that we get quite used to moderate temperatures. I am going to go enjoy the sun with a walk with Oliver and then I am going to come home and stick my feet in some ice water.

2 comments:

Catie said...

that is really freakin cool - what is the name of the article and authors so that I can look it up on my university account?

Maggie Tipping said...

The essay was entitled "A Day in the Life of Oscar the Cat" and it was by David M Dosa. It's the latest issue of the New England Journal of Medicine.