Thursday, June 28, 2007

I am still plugging away at my lace border. It does look like I am making progress, but at the same time I have so much more to go. It really wouldn't take that long if I would just sit and do it for a couple hours, but I keep picking it up and putting it down again after only one repeat. Plus I am using Brittany's because they are the only dps I have, and they are really truly awful for lace. Don't get me wrong, I love Brittany's for things like hats and mitts, but for lace they really truly blow. Especially after using lace addi turbos. I feel like I am trying to knit with unsharpened dowel.

In other news I did my gauge swatch for my sock pal's sock. I think I am going to take that with me to the cottage this weekend. We all know socks are a great travel project. I think I am going to do a mini cable pattern. I really enjoy knitting that pattern, and my pal has specified that he/she doesn't like slouchy socks, and the mini cables have a really nice elasticity.

No comments: