Tuesday, June 26, 2007


Our trip to PEI was great. It threatened to rain enough that we had the whole campground to ourselves, but it never actually rained so we had great weather. We built a huge fire and had sausages and ribs with potato salad, hummus, and spinach dip - and of course lots of beer.


While in PEI I went to one of my favorite yarn shops Mini Mills, they are an actual mini mill, and they sell mill equipment. They also sell yarn, and since you are buying it direct from the mill, the prices are really reasonable. They have a wide selection of merino wool and some great cashmere and quivit blends. I was a little disappointed this trip though because I had some questions for the shop attendant and she was really uninformed about the yarn. I did get some great sock yarn for my sockapolaza pal though :)



Julie and I went walking in Long Lake today, and I spotted this beautiful lady slipper. The lady slipper is endangered, and it is illegal to pick them. It is also the official flower of PEI.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW I had no idea there was a mill in PEI, is that where you got the sock yarn too???

Maggie Tipping said...

Yeah that is where I got the sock yarn. Good price too - $6.50 a skein :)