Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I havn't picked up my needles in about 5 days, until today when I started another Double Flower Facecloth, which has been my standby lately when I don't know what to knit. I don't want to get started on anything too big because I have a very overwhelming project that I am going to begin on Saturday.



I have ordered the yarn to make Thermal. I ordered it to be sent to Maine, cuz it's cheaper, and I am going to Maine on Saturday. I am pretty intimidated by the small gauge though. However, I have made several worsted weight wool sweaters in the past and I almost never wear them because they feel so bulky and itchy. This time last year I had an epiphany when I realized that using sock weight yarn to make socks was not THAT time consuming. So perhaps I will have the same revalation with this sweater. Then again, a sweater is a lot larger than a sock, so lets all hope and pray it isn't too awful!

This time of year I tend to get into a bit of a knitting slump and I feel really uninspired. I hope that by undertaking a large project I will have something satisfying to keep my fingers busy.

No comments: