Friday, February 16, 2007

I have completed two double flower facecloths, knit in wonderful soft Blue Sky Alpaca's Organic Cotton. If only Blue Sky wasn't so expensive, there are so many things I would love to knit with it, expecially a cushion cover. I bought a cushion form from fabric ville and now I am brainstorming what sort of cover I am going to knit for it. I think cotton would be best, it's a pillow so wool might feel a little itchy on the face.

But in the meantime I have a bit of knitter's block. I know that I will have something to knit tomorrow when I go to Maine, so I don't want to start something big and still have it on my needles when I get there. But what to do with my fingers in the meantime? I guess I can work away at backing up my computer. I have a strong feeling it is going to die on my soon because it keeps turning itself off and giving me the blue screen of death.

I forgot to mention, I also ordered a Barbara Walker Book, her first I think, I plan to make an EZ pi shawl. Another goal of mine for 2007, design a lace shawl... can't be that hard right? RIGHT? Ok so I am a little intimidated by this one, but I can do math, so as long as I can do math I can stick in some lace patterns. I just might have to make my first one very very simple.

No comments: