Thursday, July 17, 2008

Her name is Rose...

I traveled down to Gaspereau Valley Fibres today after work to look at spinning wheels... and fell head over heels in love with the most expensive wheel that they have. It's a Majacraft Rose. What I loved about it was its beautiful design, it's effortless treadling, it's comfortable height, and it's HUGE range of ratios. But it is an awful lot of money to pay for my first wheel (even if it is 15% off). I am of two minds of it, part of me thinks I should just get a cheaper wheel to see if I really stick with it, but a bigger part of me thinks that I should just get the wheel that I love and never have to buy another. I really feel like I am quite hooked on spinning and I don't think I will be giving it up any time soon.

I will have to do some thinking on this one...

I did get some fab Malabrigo lace while I was there. My first Malabrigo actually, but it is super pretty and super soft. As I was buying it I wondered if I will still buy nearly as much commercial yarn, or if I will spin most of my yarn... I don't think there is any way that my spinning could keep up with my knitting, but I may reduce my commercial stash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have that knack too. I can walk into any store and beeline it to the most expensive item there.

Perhaps you can get part of the cost covered by well-wishing relatives as a graduation gift? (just putting that out there to enable you...)

I'll be curious to follow your adventures with the malabrigo lace!

Team Knit said...

Ooh that malabrigo lace looks scrummy!

- Julie