Friday, October 05, 2007

I finally got my Ravelry invite!! It came yesterday morning before one of the longest days ever!! I had to work in a home in Windsor then go see a Veteran come home and write the report change into a nice dress and go to an Alumni dinner then head over for Trivia at the Grawood. It was crazy - but I did it! Unfortunately though I still really haven't had much time to explore Raverly, my screen name is Mags by the way if anyone wants to add me.



I cast on for the Cabled Ribbed Socks from Favorite Socks on Wednesday thinking that it would be a nice travel project for the weekend.. well I have already turned the heel because I could not put it down so I think I better bring some extra sock yarn just in case. I am using Opal Mosiac for these socks, and while I really like the look of them, you really can barely see the cable. I am OK with that, but it's good to know for the future, that your patterns hardly show up at all with yarn like this.



I have given up on my black ribbed cardigan, it just wasn't happening. So I am using the yarn to make Tailored Scallops from Lace Style. I am really happy with how it's turning out, but I am having to make some serious mods since I am using a DK weight when it calls for a chunky!

No comments: