Thursday, October 02, 2008

Spinnin'

I finished plying, washing, and measuring the pink Bamboo/Merino. The big skein has 456 yards with 3.38 ounces, the little skein has 152 yards and 1.23 ounces. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet. I am thinking something drapy, since bamboo lacks elasticity. Maybe I will design a cowl or scarf using one of my Barbara Walker stitch dictionaries.


I have also started spinning up some alpaca, merino, bombyx and soy silk. The little knolls (sp?) is the silk. Isn't it pretty? I got it from Belfast Mini Mills.


I am trying to spin this to be in the range of worsted weight because I think that it would make a nice hat and mitten set. This probably sounds blatantly obvious, but I am amazed at how much quicker it spins up when you spin thicker. Goodness, I am just flying through this roving.

1 comment:

Susan said...

The pink color has such a nice shimmer to it. Something a bit fitted with some drape, like the Somewhat Cowl pattern by Wendy Bernard. I think that would look beautiful.