Friday, August 29, 2008

New Beginnings

Mike and I are still very much grieving Sage. I still can't talk about her without crying, but we are starting to feel a little more like ourselves. We have decided though that we are going to get another kitty. At first this felt a little disrespectful to our dear Sage's memory... but we know that we are a two cat household, and that we won't feel at all ok until we have two cats again. The new kitty will not replace Sage, no cat ever could, but she might help to fill a little bit of the hole in our house and hearts.

We have in fact selected a new kitty. A friend of mine that I work with took in a stray cat a few weeks ago, he really isn't a cat person, but he took pity on this sick pregnant kitty that he found. Well, she had three healthy kittens, and they are all eight weeks old now. He took them to the SPCA, but they said that they were full... well I just couldn't let a kitten go homeless... So we went out to look at them last night, and fell in love with this tiny short haired tabby. I am picking her up tomorrow, I am sure that pictures will be posted.

By the way, I really have been knitting, and spinning, a lot! I really have to get around to taking some pictures!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Yay! Kitten love.

jillian said...

New kitten, new kitty love.