Saturday, November 10, 2007

I finished my embossed leaves socks, and I am really happy with them. The only thing I don't like is that they are not terribly stretchy, I like socks with more of a ribbing feel so that they hug my feet. Also because my gauge is so loose they are a little big. I think they will shrink a little in the wash though and be perfect. I am happy that I decided to keep them for myself, we had our first snow today and goodness knows I will be needing some nice wool socks.

I watched the Pride and Prejudice BBC mini series today and yesterday (6 hours total of dreamy Mr. Darcy) and managed to get this started:



It's Juno from the Knitty surprise. I found the lace a little tricky at first, but once I got used to it it was fine. Now I have the fun of repeating two rows over and over again for the rest of my life! Well maybe it will go quickly....

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hey! I watched P&P BBC this summer while I made curtains. It brings out the crafty side, doesn't it?

Team Knit said...

Wow, your Juno is looking AMAZING!! congrats on your FO, too- those embossed socks look great! - Julie