Tuesday, October 24, 2006


So, my brother Lionel called me last night and told me that he had a little doggy emergency with my furry nephew Oliver. He had been limping and when hey took him to the vet they were told he would need to come back the next day for x rays. Well, the vet doesn't open until 7:30 and Lionel and Julie had to be at work at 5:45 and 6:30 respectively. So I nobely got up at 5:30 this morning to let Oliver and Lionel's car be dropped off at my apartment so that I could take him to the vet at 7:30. He was very well behaved but he sure was a sad sight when I went to get him. Turns out his baby toe is broken so he has to wear a cast for next 6 weeks, and he can't go for walks during that time either. It's not gonna be a fun 6 weeks for puppies.

I started knitting a baby sweater last night and I am really enjoying it. The pattern is from Joelle Hoverson's Quick Knitted Gifts, but I accidently started the pattern for a 1-2 year old. I think this might make it harder to sell, but I am enjoying the pattern so I think I will keep on trucking with it. If nothing else, I can always start a hope chest. My favorite part of the sweater is the colour and drape of the yarn, I am using a solid color of Cascade 220. However, even though the colour looks pretty one dimensional in the photo, it is actually quite radiant and beautiful up close.

Sad news... I seem to have misplaced my stash of finished knitted products. I think that I lost it in the move... this means that a significant amount of the knitting that I have done since last christmas may now be gone. I am really not sure where... I am guessing it might have been misplaced in the move. Ah well, it gives me time to restock and be creative!

In happier news it turns out that Alison and I are geniouses. We made a spiced loaf from Iceland for the International Feast at school tomorrow, and it is AMAZING. I think lots of people can expect loafs for christmas :)

No comments: