Monday, December 17, 2007

Yay! Hemlock is completed! I tell ya, having to knit it twice was slightly unpleasant, but not as bad as I though it would have been. Having to do that cast of edge twice though, well that would have killed me! It took me two hours to do the cast of border, I have to admit it does look nice though. When I saw some other knitters complaining about the cast off edge on raverly, I have to admit, I kinda thought they were being wussy.. but holy crap it's tedious!!



Anyway here it is as a gross lace blob pre blocking. I was a little worried when I first took it off the needles and saw it.


Here's a close up of the pretty hemlock centre.



And finally, the whole thing. Pretty eh? Lace is one of the only things that I knit where at the end I am really impressed with myself.

Notice my beautiful blocking board? I got that idea from Deb Barnhill, who told me that she used a kids play mat as a blocking board. It's perfect. The foam is really easy to pierce, and when I am done I can put the pieces back in their plastic carrier. Ideal for a one bedroom apartment. Not bad for $20. (Even though it meant I had to brave Walmart in December *shudder*)

I may not be a great poster for the next couple weeks. I am heading to my parent's soon aka houses with no internet for a week or so.

Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Looks gorgeous Mags!

Catie said...

oooo look at all the pretties! I am sorely tempted by so many projects right now. In case I forget, I wish you a happy holiday season and a merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

wow!! I am blown away. Have a great Christmas. & Happy New Year!!