Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tidying up


I am giving the house a deep clean today. I am not just tidying, I am tearing this apart and dusting those tiny little corners that often go missed. As a knitter this means controlling the stash. It tends to escape its storage bins slowly, and leak into the active knitting spaces. What I mean by the active knitting spaces, is that I have a couple baskets around that are meant for works in progress only. Over time though other junk tends to accumulate in there, and I have to push it back into its place.

During this process I noticed that I had an almost empty tupperware available for Yarn. This was very exciting for me and I began to reorganize the stash into this bin. Mike commented that the stash was like a gold fish, and would grow to fit into whatever environment it was provided.

The reason for all this cleaning is that we are having a little party here tomorrow for my step dad Wayne who turns 60 on Wednesday. There will be people here who have not been to my apartment before, and I would like to trick them into thinking that I am neat and tidy :)


Progress continues on the shawl border. I have to admit, the edging didn't line up with the bottom point like it was suppose to, but there was no way in hell I was going to rip it back so I fudged it a little to make it work. I am sure I can block it out so it won't be noticeable.


Sorry for the horrible pictures, we all now how impossible it is to take pictures of lace in progress.

No comments: