Sunday, February 25, 2007

I havn't updated in a little while, mostly because my knitting has consisted of knitting and then ripping out Ryan's Swell hat. I finally managed to get it right though! I added two extra pattern repeats, used a standard 8 stitch every second row decrease and voila! I couldn't finish it while in Maine because my dp's in 3.25mm were back in Halifax. I got home last night though so I really don't have any excuse to not finish it now.




I have made a bit of progress on Thermal. I don't usually knit in the car because I get car sick VERY easily, but this project was great. I wasn't able to do a ton, but I managed to do about 16 rows or so in the car. Here is a picture of my progress, doesn't look too different eh? I have included the cat for scale.

When I was in Maine the two books I ordered from Amazon came! I didn't think that they would arrive until after I left, so I was thrilled when they got there. I received EZ's Knitter's Almanac and Victorian Lace Today. I was a little disapointed with the Knitter's Alamanac, I bought it because I thought it would have some detailed instructions on knitting aran cardigans and picking up the cut edge. It tells you that it's a good idea to knit cardigans in the round and then cut them, but gives no info whatsoever on how! Does anyone know if any of EZ's books give directions in this?

As for Victorian Lace Today, oh wow. I am so very in love. The whole book is so beautiful and colorful and amazing... Oh I don't know what I am going to knit yet but it is going to be amazing!

No comments: